New Zealand roads and drivers are famously shit. This matter is made worse by people that get drunk and try to drive. We have an absolutely shitty rate of deaths on our roads.
To combat this, the kiwi government releases advertising to try and stop people from speeding, driving drunk and just generally being stupid on the road. The ads vary from catchy and emotional messages to absolutely brutal ads depicting the horrors of road accidents.
Here are some of the ads that are designed to shock. It's best to watch all of them to truly understand.
Please drive safe.
- Don't be a dick on the roads
- Read our road code
- Take a cab, ride share, public transport, walk, or catch a ride with a mate that isn't getting smashed and driving home
- Drive on the left side of the road
- Don't drink alcohol or get wasted and drive
- Don't speed
- Drive to the conditions
- Don't do dangerous overtaking
- Let people in
- If you're slow, pull over and let people pass. People get frustrated and do stupid shit to overtake you
Sometimes shit needs to be taken seriously